- Latest version: 1.0.1422
- Price: Freeware
- Operating system: Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
- File size: 0.62 MB
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Total downloads: 229 | Last week: 2
- Product browse: File & Disk Management
- Publisher: Moba Software (1 other programs)
- See full specifications
newer version? let us know!
suggest to a friend
add to my alerts
SymMover helps you move a folder from one disk to another, and keep its "location" in Windows Explorer. Windows still "thinks" the folder is located in the same place as before, even though it's not. SymMover achieves this by first moving the folder to its destination, and then creating a symbolic link between the source and destination. This means that software and games will still work after you move them to another disk.
SymMover is designed for moving software and games. You can easily add installed software and games to SymMover's main window, and move them back and forth between disks.
· Add a folder from a searchable list of installed programs, or manually browse the disk.
· See the name, icon, location and status, and changes the destination for the added folders.
· Select folders to see a real-time display of free disk space on you disks. Gain and loss of disk space is displayed in green or red color.
· Move the selected folders with one click. SymMover will move the folder, and create a symbolic link.
· Move the selected folders back to their original location with one click. SymMover will remove the symbolic link, and move the folder back.
· SymMover will not let you do the move, if it is insufficient free disk space on one or more of the destination disks.
Related TagsMove Folder Folder Mover Move Directory Move Copy Transfer
Related File & Disk Management downloads
To link back to this page, please copy code below and insert in your page. All visits come thru this code will add a 10 point vote to this software. Save the image button on your server
XTail is a compact application designed to monitor multiple files for changes and to display them in real timewindows - Freeware
Quick File Rename is an application that was designed to rename all your files and folders in a matter of secondswindows - Trialware
Thumbs Remover is a small but effective application that you can use to get rid of unnecessary thumbs.db files that may be hidden in your local directwindows - Freeware
Duplicate Finder is an all-in-one file management utility that find duplicate files in one or more pathswindows - Trialware
This editor provides the means to modify multiple files by one script filewindows - Freeware