DameWare Mini Remote Control 18.104.22.168
- Average Rating: VERY GOOD
- Latest version: 22.214.171.124
- Price: Trialware; $104.34 | BUY the full version
- Operating system: Windows All
- File size: 53.81 MB
- Last update: 6 months ago
- Total downloads: 242 | Last week: 1
- Product browse: Remote Utils
- Publisher: DameWare Development LLC (2 other programs)
- See full specifications
newer version? let us know!
suggest to a friend
add to my alerts
DameWare Mini Remote Control description
Don't be fooled by the name "Mini"! The DameWare Mini Remote Control (DMRC) program is loaded with numerous features to help IT professionals get the most out of remote control connectivity.
Unlike other Remote Control programs, the installation of the Mini Remote Control Client Agent does not replace any existing Operating System files, which also eliminates the need for a reboot of the remote machine when connecting. By simply using Microsoft Windows API calls to interact with the local and remote machines, the Mini Remote Control is considered to be the most lightweight and independent remote control application on the market. Hence the term "Mini."
The Mini Remote Control program offers quick and easy "on the fly" deployment of its client agent service to remote machines.* Giving an administrator the ability to remotely install the client agent service eliminates the need to physically visit the remote machine to install the software. This gives administrators the unique ability to remote control any machine on the LAN or WAN (across town, across the country, or even around the world) in a matter of seconds.
The Mini Remote Control includes extensive features with regard to security and encryption, including multiple authentication methods primarily designed to use the Operating System's built-in security. It also offers additional options of encrypting all communications between the remote and local machines, taking advantage of today's standards for Encryption, Hashing, and Key Exchange.
With tons of settings and features, the Mini Remote Control can be customized to fit your network environment. The Mini Remote Control makes the NT Utilities software suite the ultimate administrative tool for managing Windows based networks. No network is too big or too small for the DameWare Mini Remote Control.
DameWare Development's affordable licensing policy is also based on the number of administrators actually using the software, regardless of the number of servers or clients accessed. The 30-day trial version is fully functional and free technical support is available via email both during and after the evaluation period.
· IPv6 support including Connection Invitations
· U3 Mode for portability
· MSI package builder for the easy configuration and installation of the MRC Client Agent Service
· Automatic configuration of Windows Firewall and Advanced Windows Firewall
· Wake on LAN ability
· Support for Fast User Switching as well as Microsoft's Remote Desktop Program
· Interactive Smart Card Login and Remote Smart Card authentication
· Support for Multiple Monitor environments (local & remote)
· DameWare Mirror Driver for enhanced speed & performance
· Authentication integrated within the Operating System's Security
· Encryption via Microsoft's Cryptographic Service Providers & CryptoAPIs built into the O/S itself, which are also FIPS-140 certified
· Deployment of the MRC Client Agent Service "on the fly" with no machine reboots
· Ability to connect via Mini Remote style connection, or RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) style connection.
· Ability to Force Encryption for all connections
· Ability to acquire permission from the Desktop User before connecting
· Restrict access using IP Filtering
· Restrict access based upon Group membership
· Restrict access based upon a Shared Secret Key
· Email Notifications
· Shared Sessions
· Simple File Transfer
· Ease of use provides "out of the box" ROI
· Smart Card Login & Authentication (v5.5 and above only):
· According to Microsoft, Smart Card Login & Authentication is only supported on Windows 2000 and above. Including: Windows 2000 Workstation / Windows 2000 Server / Windows XP Professional / Windows 2003 Server
· Other than Microsoft's implemented Smart Card Services (scardsvr), no additional middleware is directly required by our software for Smart Card Authentication & Login.
· A Smart Card reader is not required on the remote machine.
· Your Operating System and network implementation must be configured properly for Smart Card authentication
· A video adpater that supports the following raster capabilities:
· Capable of transferring bitmaps (RC_BITBLT)
· Capable of supporting the Windows APIs, SetDIBits and GetDIBits functions (RC_DI_BITMAP)
· Supports only one color plane.
· The Mini Remote Control requires the TCP/IP network protocol.
Recent changes:Version 126.96.36.199 includes
This version of MRC provides the following improvements:
· Windows 8 Support: You can now install MRC on computers running the latest Windows desktop operating system. MRC also connects to remote hosts running Windows 8.
· Linux and Mac Support: MRC now supports connections to Linux and Mac clients using a new VNC viewer option in the Remote Connect dialog. For additional information, see KB400115.
· Intel vPro Support: Both DRS (previously NT Utilities) and MRC now support Intel vPro hardware enabled with Active Management Technology (AMT). In MRC, connect to remote vPro systems even while they are booting up. For additional information, see KB400112.
· Backwards Compatibility: MRC is now backwards compatible with MRC client agents as far back as version 7.0. For additional information, see KB400116.
· Support for Silent Installs: Both DRS and MRC now include command-line arguments to support installing and licensing the products silently. For additional information, see KB400113.
Related TagsRemote Control remote access file transfer Remote Control access
Related Remote Utils downloads
Antamedia Remote Control is a handy and reliable application designed to provide users with a simple means to monitor computer activity remotelywindows - Demo
WinKeyer Remote Control is a useful application that provides users with a complete solutionwindows - Freeware
Hardware Inspector Service Desk is a web-oriented application that works under IIS+ASP.NETwindows - Demo
Deskroll is a comprehensive application that comes in handy for technicianswindows - Trialware
Remote Desktop Admin Toolkit provides you with useful and reliable tools that allow you to connect to computerswindows - Freeware